Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I have had a passing interest in clocks. Old clocks, new clocks it doesn't matter. I have an old mantel clock that strikes on the hour and the half hour. A friend of mine repaired it for me and it works great.
Another endeavor of mine was to make a clock. I remember when I was a kid a gas station owner built a wooden clock and had it on display in his business. Several years ago I was thinking about that clock and thought I would try to build a wooden clock. I bought a pattern and some cherry wood with which to make the gears and other parts. So I set out to make a wooden clock. I glued the pattern on the wood and begin to cut out the pieces being careful to make perfect wooden gears. The clock was made to work on a pendulum and weights. After many hours of work and many adjustments the clock would not run for more than five minutes.
O well that ended my clock building venture.
But I still like clocks, grandfather clocks are one of my favorites but my house is not big enough for one of those big clocks. Take a look at my website for several clocks. http://www.mytimemarker.com/
More about clocks later.
I am Unrun Dad at Richard's Ramblings

1 comment:

Rick O'Shay said...

Well finally a new post.
Hope you sell lots of clocks.